Cookies and tracking technologies we use
Where EEAT SEO talk about cookies and tracking technology on our websites we refer to the following:
To help us better manage content we employ web beacons in emails that we send to our subscribers. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier and are used to track the online movements of internet users. Unlike cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on websites. We use them in our HTML-based emails to learn which emails have been opened by recipients enabling us to gauge the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
A pixel refers to the code that is placed on your computer in order to trigger a cookie. We sometimes use this methodology to allow us to deliver more relevant messages to you.
We use log files to record events that occur on our websites. This may include, though not exclusively, the type, content or time of transaction made via your device. These audit trails allow us to analyse activities on our websites.
Types of Cookies and how they are set, there are two types of cookies:
Stored temporarily in your computer’s memory while you are visiting a website and are deleted when you close your browser.
Stored for a set period on your computer and used to determine whether there has been any contact between us and your computer in the past.
There are two ways cookies set can be on our websites:
“1st Party Cookies”
Cookies that are set by the website domain (or belonging to a sub domain) of the website.
“3rd Party Cookies”
Cookies that are set by another website domain. (e.g. by one of our main technology partners or by an external web service).
We are categorising cookies set on the site by ourselves and our main technology partners into the following categories:
These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around a website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, services you’ve asked for (such as access to secure areas) can’t be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you that can be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
These cookies collect information about how you use a website, for example which pages you go to most often and if you get any error messages from certain pages. These cookies don’t gather information that can identify you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our website works. These cookies are not used to target you with online advertising. Without these cookies we can’t learn how our website is performing and make relevant improvements that could better your browsing experience.
These cookies allow a website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you’re in) and tailor the website to provide enhanced features and content for you. For instance, they can be used to remember log-in details, changes you’ve made to text size, font and other parts of pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you’ve asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies may be used to ensure that all our services and communications are relevant to you. The information these cookies collect cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. Without these cookies, a website cannot remember choices you’ve previously made or personalise your browsing experience.
We use these to provide adverts on our sites that we believe are more relevant to you. Without these cookies, online adverts you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests. We also enable some advertising partners to set cookies specifically to enable them to analyse advertising campaign performance.
The Cookies We Set
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Google (_ga; _gat; _gid) – This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page or read Google’s overview of privacy and safeguarding data https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve ‘advertising’ uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/facebook-ads-pixel), Pinterest and Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Many web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods: